mardi 20 mars 2018

fashion week 2018 new outfits


London Fashion Week has been quite epic season I have been an insider & outsider, I have been designing, modelling for some shows or attending them!

by Anthony Lycett 

HOT DOG GIRL 
Everything could be high fashion art sublimes even the most trivial junk food 🍔🍟🌭 wearing hot dog 🌭 dress & headpiece with Mylittle pony🍔 burger made by artist @marty.thornton to denounce horse meat scandal picture by @anthonylycettphotography.  

With this grotesque shoot, I had the idea to deal with a very prosaic theme on a high fashion and glamourised aesthetic to show that fashion could be anything and doesn't belong to an cultural elite.
Making a "of the peg costume" joke-shop style a unique couture piece creating a high fashion san  sandwich man.   
by Anthony Lycett 
I found this 70s style plastic fringe curtains in the bulky waste in the street. I entangled it, dismantled it and stitched one by one the plastic chains on a silver sparkly base, creating an interesting 3D pattern. ✨retro futuristic Paco Rabanne inspired dress made ✨from rubbish to couture ✨
by Anthony Lycett 



This Gogo's crazy bones, emblematic toys of the playground in the 90s,  yellow coat was the first personal project I realised in 2018. I had a bit of time after christmas rush and undertook to drill holes in the 400 crazy bones figures I had an stitch them one by one on a bright yellow base adorned with pink pompoms.  Mismatching colours & shapes I obtains this very kawaii cartoony unique pieces, heavy by style & weight! 
by Anthony Lycett 
I rocked my new creation at LFW where it got lot of attention...
by Anthony Lycett 
When fashion people wear black l, you stand out in the fashion crowd wearing colours ✨mise en abyme of a photographer @anthonylycettphotography taking a picture of someone taking a picture of me 

"catching up time" with Cashka Le Retour  picture by Sians's Photography

by Anthony Lycett 

close up picture by Sians's Photography

With Naddy Sane, by Magda Durka


with Anthony Lycett by Magda Durka



by Anthony Lycett 


detail picture by Anthony Lycett 

Another day of fashion week, another look, another style, 


 by Anthony Lycett 

This dress is a custom made kimono by Carmen Bury, worn back to front, so its looks like Frida Kahlo is wearing my head as an hat.  I stitched on some little girl tutu to ass on the puffiness.

The headpiece has been transformed twice since her first version, first sprayed gold and then adorned with flowers, golden dolls & skulls.  


 by Anthony Lycett 


The jacket is made as Shakespeare would say,  with stuff as dreams are made on. It derive from a very specific creative process and his the tangible product of an ephemeral performance.  In collaboration with Lara Buffard, we created a piece called "Liquid costume", (more to come soon) Where I literally rolled myself into fabric, feathers & glitters covered with glue in order to organically create a costume that would have no seams.  After the performance, scraping the mater from my skin, I kept the residue and stitched it into a black base to create a jacket that would survive to the performance.  The dynamic of the design are a reminiscence of the dance movement and the vital energy expended during the performance,  fixed by the glue that makes it unique.

picture by Sians's Photography




With Kala Kala, the shaman of colours, in front at the Strand, we kind of always match! 

with the gorgeous Twin models Kola & Tala, picture by Reuben Alozie
by Anthony Lycett 

I actually didn't made this outfit for fashion week but for a birthday party where the theme was "G", what is more natural to go as a "guitars".  

Theses plastic guitars came with pound shop plastic dolls I got for an art installation, I bought 200 dolls so I was left with 200  electric guitars.  I stitched them on a black leather top with lace to highlight the "rock theme" of the outfit.  

🎸🎸While my guitar gently weeps 🎸🎸 miniature electric ⚡️ guitars leather top and crown 👑 revealing my inner rockstar soul 👩‍🎤👨‍🎤


Alternative catwalk show at the Brunel Museum '@ Work presents Blinkered' edited version full video here 

The film is made by talented young Swedish filmmaker Henrik Ringner




The show celebrated out 20th year in business, collaborating with so many talented new and established designers. @Works  aim was to show ground breaking designs being worn, to open eyes to all types of Art Jewellery and to encourage Jewellery lovers and designers alike to experiment with materials and push aside conventions about what Jewellery





Adele" we wanted to make a catwalk show which was just for jewellery because jewellery is normally just the accessories to the clothes and we always believe sometimes our jewellers is just far more better than the clothes" 



@ Work's first outlet was established in Brick Lane in 1998 and quickly became recognised as one of the leading outlets for contemporary jewellery in the UK. It stocks an eclectic array of original designer jewellery. 




I spotted the amazing shop on Bricklane when I moved to London in 2011, as obviously I have never seen a similar gallery in Paris.  Later, Sue Kreitzman introduced me to the gallery owner Adele Tipler who accepted to stock my pieces. Seeing them showcased in the window among other amazingly creative and groundbreaking design was the first step of fulfilling my dream.  Then, the gallery in Bricklane closed because of rent issue and merged with the one in Pimlico.  Still based in East London I kind of lost touch with the shop for years until they offered me to be part of the catwalk show and the exhbition at the gallery.






In the show, I loved the playlist where each song was handpicked especially for each designer with a designated piece of music for each run and also the diversity of models, young and less young, male or female.  












Supported as always by Sue Kreitzman who introduced me to the gallery and has always mentoring me in my creative process




Last but not least, point presse:

To crown it all and finish fashion week and finishing Fashion week on a high note, I have been featured in "Vogue" Italia  the Bible of fashion 




Proud to be featured in@vogueitalia and be qualified of "the Peter pan of fashion” and "mythical rainbow warrior -the dream of a lifetime -, This is a consecration and seal & approval to be acknowledged by such an authority in fashion world. It proves that alternative fashion & wearable art has its Place aside established more commercial brands. 




after articles in Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, Italian is an other to add to my collection of polyglot press review. 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...