dimanche 30 décembre 2018

From Iranian TV to London edgy style



picture by Reza Hadian 
This year, my most surrealistic, incongrous & creative styling job was for a music video for Manoto TV, owners of Wimbledon Film and TV Studios and one of Middle East’s largest TV channels with over 50 million viewers worldwide.





The result is a bit like an insertion in my head, a joyful colourful explosion with bonkers flamboyant characters.
When Edgy London club kids meets traditionial Iranian music & culture.


picture by Reza Hadian 

I was asked to style  the opening scene to one of our biggest in house productions this year; a show similar to Strictly Come Dancing with a big difference, our show includes live performances as well as a number of VTs and segments.


They wanted to use some of my creations for the opening scene about the Iranian New Year, Norouz, that takes place in Sping, as  they were looking to create a very quirky and animated feel.



picture by Reza Hadian 


It was a luxury of abondance to style my piece among a couple of avant garde & trendy London designer like  Lydia Smith,  Maddie, williams, Victim fashion, Jessica Purdie… 

picture by Reza Hadian 



5 days of prep, 3 days of shooting at Wimbeldon studio, about 30 people to dress or acessorize, I realise the job of a stylist is mainly managing wardrobe, make sure everything is TIDY which is against my inner nature.  



picture by Reza Hadian 

Iranian are know for rather conservative  & classical beauty standards so I was quite pleasantly surprised to see they choosed me for my aesthetic, giving a proper edgy & london style to a promo video targeting a Middle East audience.


picture by Reza Hadian 

I had to style TV presenters & personnalities from the channel, some were big celebrities back in Iran, I was casually asking people to try different outfits and then realised they had more than a millions followers on instagram!


Some people at first felt a bit uncomfortable to try some very quirky and "out there" costumes when they are use to prestigious brand or very "classy" outfit,
I felt a bit frustrated at first when people coud go for the more "safe" and quiet option. But I realised they needed a adaptation period for them to deal with there inscecurities.  For them it was like going to a boring michael Kors black dress to the wildest stage costume  that Lady Gaga could wear without a decompression dive.

picture by Reza Hadian 

picture by Reza Hadian 

picture by Reza Hadian 
wearing sequins dress with hand stitched big colourful har bands. 

picture by Reza Hadian 

picture by Reza Hadian 

picture by Reza Hadian 
As they were short of actors, I also had to step in in front of the camera, here wearing an amazing Maddie Williams statement piece.  

picture by Reza Hadian 



picture by Reza Hadian 


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...